Wednesday, January 21, 2009

8 days?

I am currently in walla walla, washington, and my brain can't quite comprehend the fact that I am leaving the country a week from tomorrow. Well, I guess I am not technically leaving the country til a week from Friday, but on Thursday I'll be flying from LAX to Miami to spend a (probably sleepless) night in a hotel in order to catch the group flight out the next day at noon.

Back home I have a new internal frame backpack, a huge daypack, malaria medicine, more clothes than I probably need, an empty moleskin, and a ton of nerves. In the meantime I am bumming around walla, spending time with people and trying to get my head on straight before I take off. I'll have a few extra days in LA next week to help with that, too,

I won't be bringing my computer along, but there will be tons of internet cafes and I hope to keep this blog well updated! I will also be checking my school email (hahnrc@whitman.edu), and I have two mailing addresses:

Postal Mail (Letters and Non-express)
Rachel Hahn
c/o Aynn Setright
Apartado Postal 181
Managua, Nicaragua – Central America


Express Mail (UPS, FedEx, DHL)
Rachel Hahn
c/o Aynn Setright
Colonia Miguel Bonilla #143
(DetrĂ¡s de la UNAN, del Bar “Esquina Fiel” 2
cuadras al sur; 1⁄2 cuadra arriba)
Managua, Nicaragua

If you write me letters, I promise to write back!

2 comments:

  1. oh cripes, i have a card i need to send you BEFORE you leave....where do i send it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    Looking forward to it!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete